Household waste recycling centres (HWRCs) are provided as a place where residents can safely dispose their household waste and recycling. There are 3 centres available to Slough residents.
- Chalvey - White Hart Road, off Spackmans Way, SL1 2SF.
- Burnham - Crowpiece Lane, SL2 3TG.
- Langley - Langley Park Road, SL3 6DD.
Details for the Burnham and Langley centres can be found on the Buckinghamshire County Council website.
Chalvey Household Waste Recycling Centre
The Chalvey HWRC is available to Slough and Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead residents only. Most items of household waste can be accepted free of charge.
Using the centre
If you need assistance recycling or unloading any items from your vehicle, please ask a site operative who will be happy to help.
- There may be conditions on certain materials; please check the waste and recycling acceptance guidance before travelling to the centre. Please be aware that certain items may be refused if you have not followed this guidance.
- Separate all your waste and recycling into the correct labelled containers provided, removing contents from black sacks and plastic bags.
- Please be aware that waste disposed of in the non-recycling container will be sent to landfill.
Your guide to Chalvey Household Waste Recycling Centre
The public site is open 7 days a week. Last entry 15 minutes prior to closing.
- Winter - 1 October to 31 March
Monday to Sunday: 9am - 5pm
- Closed - Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day
- Summer - 1 April to 30 September
Monday to Sunday: 9am - 6pm
- You do not need a permit to enter.
- The entrance barrier has a height restriction of 1.7 metres (5ft 9inches). Users should check before entering.
- Vehicles not able to enter through the height barrier or those carrying commercial waste will need to access the Waste Transfer Station.
- An automatic number plate recognition and CCTV systems are in place to monitor site usage and unusually regular users will be investigated.
- It is not permitted to park outside the centre and carry waste into the site.
- Children and pets must remain in your vehicle when visiting the site.
Waste Transfer Station
If there is an enquiry in to the origin of the waste that you are bringing to the HWRC, the site operative may refer you to the lower site and weighbridge.
Drivers should report to the weighbridge office, where vehicles are inspected to make sure only domestic waste is being disposed and recycled.
Last entry 15 minutes prior to closing.
- Monday to Friday: 7am - 4pm
- Saturday: 7.30am - 12pm
- Closed on Sunday and bank holidays.
- Yellow hi-visibility vests must be worn when using the weighbridge. A vest can be loaned to you and must be returned when leaving the site.
- Suitable footwear must be worn. Open-toed footwear is prohibited and you will not be allowed to tip.
Commercial or trade waste
Commercial or trade waste operators will not be able to access the HWRC. Please visit the weighbridge during opening times.
Traders will need to show copies of their ‘Waste Carriers Licence’ at time of tipping. Businesses have a legal duty of care to dispose of their waste properly and must pay commercial rates. It is illegal to deposit trade waste at the HWRC.